Like trying to herd cats...

Many miscellaneous meanderings of a musing mother...

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What does herding cats have to do with the price of tea in Virginia?

Um, ok. Trying to herd cats - what kind of blog name is that?? Frankly, (and I just love using that word...), it describes what trying to keep all the juggling balls in the air while keeping my legs shaved and vegetables in the fridge feels like. Incidentally, I saw a circus act the other day that actually involved the common housecat. Didn't know something like that was allowed in the circus. Lions? Yes. Elephants? Of course. Clowns? Obviously, it is a circus after all. Cats? Notsomuch. But train them they did, and let me tell you - the cats were non to plussed. At. All.

Anyway. Back to herding cats. I think that there is so much pulling at moms nowadays that it can seem like trying to keep all of our responsibilities, obligations, hobbies (what are those anyway?) in balance sometimes has the same success rate you would imagine herding cats to have. My hope is that, by building friendships rooted in our human-ness (put your super-mom capes away, ladies), we can somehow let each other off the hook of trying to be all, do all, achieve all - all while keeping our legs shaved and veggies in the fridge...

You ready? I am.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Here's my willy-nilly comment.